Monday, April 27, 2009

Gray Monday

I'd settle for a blue Monday if it meant the sun would come out. Yesterday's storms and rain have given way to gray stratus clouds atop a northwest wind, meaning the penultimate leg today was into the breeze. This week looks to be running under the norm, which will mean tights, gloves and sometimes a cap. In the heat of July I will look back to this time with envy I suppose, though its hard to appreciate now.
This week marks a nudge up in miles: 5 tomorrow and Thursday; and an additional 2 miles each week so that by the end of May I will hit the threshold of 40 a week. 40 seems always to be something of a quantum point. Above it I can see real gains in fitness. But there also comes the first risk of injury. Got to keep reminding myself: no racing or speedwork this year, no matter how strong the temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment