Thursday, May 7, 2009

Setback

It was bound to happen; I just didn't know when. Maybe it was the extra frisky pace on Monday. Maybe, as in Slumdog Millionaire, it was written. All I know is that the left heel Achilles complex was sore as hell on Tuesday. Outside the weather was threatening, so I hopped on the 'mill and hopped off after a slow mile. Took some Aleve and hoped. Wednesday I could tell there was a problem, so I ran a super slow 2.5 miles. It was talking to me and I could feel the right leg taking over.
Last night I bought some gel heel inserts and slipped them into my shoes. They felt really good. (I'm gellin' like a felon). Today I ran a conservative 9:20 pace for 4 miles with positive results. yeah the pain is there, but very slight. Looks like technology may be helping. So is my determination to avoid racing and hard running this year until I can adapt. Maybe I never will adapt and I'll finish my days as a fitness jogger. Hope dies hard in this heart, however. That is also written.

No comments:

Post a Comment